“Bad news on the doorstep. I couldn’t take one more step.”Don Mclean – Miss American Pie
If you’ve been watching the news recently…
- Stagflation on the horizon
- War in Ukraine
- Global Warming
- The list goes on
…you might believe life was all bad news.
And your team members might believe that too.
Indeed, when we look at life through the dark lens of the news… life does seem bleak and pessimistic.
However, for most of us, this “bad news” perspective isn’t a healthy or a grounded one…
Because if we only focus on the negative that surrounds us, we stop seeing the good that’s happening around us.
We stop seeing the:
- progress we’re making
- the skills we’re mastering
- the relationships we’re building
- the positive impact our work is making
And this “blindness“ matters.…
Because if team members can’t see the connection between the work they do and itspositive consequence….
…they lose motivation to do that work.
Do your people & business a favour today…
Remind people of the good they do in your business:
- Take five minutes and speak with each of your team members
- Show each individual how their work is making a positive difference to the business and the community it serves.
If you do this: you’ll see a tremendous difference in your team’s wellbeing, outlook, and motivation.
Have a great day,